PNotes Portable is a helpful, free (gpl) Windows program, being part of the category Productivity software with subcategory Planners (more specifically Sticky Notes) and has been created by Andrey Gruber.
More about PNotes Portable
About the download, PNotes Portable is a slick software that takes up less space than the average program in the category Productivity software.
It's available for users with the operating system Windows 2000 and prior versions, and you can download it in many languages like English and German. The software version is 9.0.107 and was updated on 5/21/2012.
Since we added this program to our catalog in 2011, it has obtained 33,606 downloads, and last week it achieved 1 installation.
- Fixed bugs:
- Improper search by dates (discovered by Holger Stohr)
- Hidden note does not preserve its group if groups has been changed via "Save As" dialog (discovered by wieselmann)
- When unsaved pinned note hides (the window it's pinned to becomes hidden or is closed) it enters infinite loop with prompting to save (discovered by Sergey Christov)
- New features:
- Added spellchecking using Hunspell library. By default there is only English dictionary, but you can download additional dictionaries from http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries. These are .oxt files, but you can open them with any zip archiver, because they are actually zip archives. Extract .aff and .dic files and put them into "dictionaries" directory
- Added option to set default colors (background, text and cation) or default skin for groups (suggested by oxk4r)
- Added ability to set volume, speed and pitch for text-to-speech voices (suggested by Gennadiy Plant)
- Added option to stop sound alarm of note after specified interval (suggested by Gennadiy Plant)
- Send/receive properties of note are shown in note's tooltip (suggested by Sergey Christov)
- If selected "Hide notes marked as completed", they will not appear when "Show All" is clicked (suggested by Martin Zihr)
- -b command line switch may now be followed by custom backup directory (suggested by cominder)
- Added optional actions for single click on system tray icon (suggested by cominder)
- All status icons (priority, locked, completed etc) are now clickable and toggle current state. Click on icon "unsaved" will save the note (suggested by sh_666)